Re: Please clarify * is legal in HTTP1/1 Accept-Charset Header

From: Martin J. Duerst <mduerst@ifi.unizh.ch>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 17:42:38 +0100 (MET)
To: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Cc: ftang@netscape.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, www-international@w3.org, Alan_Barrett/DUB/Lotus.LOTUSINT@crd.lotus.com, bobj@netscape.com, Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr, Ed_Batutis/CAM/Lotus@crd.lotus.comi18ngrp
On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Koen Holtman wrote:

> Accept-Charset has no wildcard in 1.1 because of an oversight, not because
> the http-wg had a long discussion in which it was decided to omit it.  I
> think a strong case can be made for adding the wildcard in the next revision
> of the HTTP/1.1 specification (which will be in 4 months I think).  Someone
> would have to write a small internet draft to make this happen.

Writing an internet draft to document the problems surrounding
internationalization in the current draft has been suggested as
a conclusion to other discussions. At present, I count 6 issues,
of course not all of them with equal degree of consensus.

I would be willing to write them together as an internet-draft;
anybody willing to help??? Anybody afraid of me writing this
draft, because I have my own oppinion on certain issues?
I would prefer to limit the discussion to http-wg, because this
is most directly concerned, and I don't want to get the same
mail more than two times. A preliminary title would be
draft-ietf-http-i18n-issues-00.txt. Does anybody have any
better idea?

Regards,	Martin.