Re: Warnings, RFC 1522, and ISO-8859-1

From: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 96 09:51:02 PST
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I wrote:
    I can't remember exactly why or when the language-tag and charset
    fields were removed.  However, I do remember that we had a
    moderately long discussion of this issue at the Montreal IETF
    meeting; it was NOT removed by an editor's micro-decision.

Actually, I slightly mis-remembered that.  We did have a discussion
of I18N issues at Montreal, but the discussion that led to the
simplification of the Warning header syntax was held at the
(earlier) Los Angeles IETF.