Re: [URN] HTTP resolution protocol

From: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@acl.lanl.gov>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 15:04:14 -0700
To: Fisher Mark <FisherM@is3.indy.tce.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Thus spoke Fisher Mark (at least at 12:34 PM 11/4/96 EST)

>>I will add some words to the effect that the resolver MAY restrict
>>the resources returned to those that match the Accept: header.
>
>This is inconsistent with the latest HTTP 1.1 draft section 14.1, "Accept":
>
>     If an Accept header field is present, and if
>     the server cannot send a response which is acceptable according to the
>     combined Accept field value, then the server SHOULD send a 406 (not
>     acceptable) response.
>
>IMHO, HTTP URN resolvers should follow HTTP 1.1 on use of "Accept:".

OK, I will add words to the effect that the resolver SHOULD
restrict the resources returned to those in the Accept: header.

Ron Daniel Jr.                       email: rdaniel@lanl.gov
Advanced Computing Lab               voice: +1 505 665 0597
MS B287                                fax: +1 505 665 4939
Los Alamos National Laboratory        http://www.acl.lanl.gov/~rdaniel/
Los Alamos, NM, USA  87545    obscure_term: "hyponym"