Use of server expiration model

From: <VRangan@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 22:25:40 -0500
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I am developing a product that uses the Server Expiration model for caching.
I was looking for information on how well this feature is implemented, and if
there was any measurement of cache hits/misses when this header is present.

Does the Apache, Netscape and IIS servers send Expires headers, and do
content providers use it extensively? Also, do intermediate Cache Proxy
servers implement the TRACE header to record their intermediate domain name
addresses on the headers that they process?

Thanks very much for this information.

-venkat