Re: HTTP working group status & issues

I will refrain from responding to your various dogmantic and absolutist
statements other than correcting one clear error.

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996 hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu wrote:

> Date: Thu, 17 Oct 96 11:13:54 -0400
> From: hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu
> To: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee@cybercash.com>,
>     http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
> Cc: hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu
> Subject: Re: HTTP working group status & issues
>

> >> - security
>
> >>    I believe the Internet needs documented standards-track security
> >>    mechanisms for HTTP & distributed content. Perhaps we should
> >>    re-charter a new group to work on standards for SSL and applet
> >>    signing.
>
> >Are you aware of the TLS working group which is aiming at a merged
> >SSL/PCT?
>
> Where? according to the IETF the official mailing list for WTS is
> www-security@rutgers. I can find no pointer anywhere to the list where the
> real discussion has been going on. I think that that is in itself a serious
> problem.

Not the WTS working group at www-security@nsmx.rutgers.edu, but as I said,
archives at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-tls.  This information
is not obscure but easily findable from the IETF web page.

(I have not been active in the TLS working group.)

> 		Phill

Donald
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd     +1 508-287-4877(tel)     dee@cybercash.com
   318 Acton Street        +1 508-371-7148(fax)     dee@world.std.com
Carlisle, MA 01741 USA     +1 703-620-4200(main office, Reston, VA)
http://www.cybercash.com           http://www.eff.org/blueribbon.html