Re: BIG APOLOGY re: PEP & revised PEP status

From: <khare@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 15:35:54 -0400
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, jmiller@w3.org
Larry Masinter wrote:
> I take it all back! Please forgive me, Rohit, and come home soon!

Well, I'll see you one gracious apology and raise you another :-)

I want to say publically that I take the blame for the continuing
confusion and inconsistent progress I/W3C have been making on PEP.

PEP continues to be a top priority for W3C and we are staffing up
and focusing in on this. Frankly, almost all of our staff 'HTTP time'
has been consumed by 1.1 to date.

Personally, I can only note that I got caught by the crunch for Web
Journal Issue #4 (due out 10/15, contains complete 1.1 specs and related
guides, interviews, and code) and a 10-day round-the-world tour...

Again, my apologies to Larry for not keeping him fully informed, and
to the working group for a certain lack of celerity... rest assured,
though, that we have been responding to comments one-on-one and building
experimental code here.

Thanks,
Rohit Khare