BIG APOLOGY re: PEP & revised PEP status

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 01:37:36 PDT
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: jmiller@w3.org, khare@w3.org
In my previous working group status session, I wrote:

>- PEP: draft-khare-http-pep-01.txt
>  There was a lot of dissatisfaction with the previous draft.
>  A new draft was promised but has not been delivered.

I'm glad I asked for feedback, of course! A new draft was delivered
on August 19! There were several constructive comments made at the
time (Mark Linehan, Ted Hardie, Koen Holtman). However, I withdraw the
comments I made:

> I don't
>  think I've had any new information from Rohit or anyone
>  else in W3C about this. (At this point, I can't even find
>  anything at www.w3.org about PEP.)
>  I don't want to drop an item that the working group seemed
>  to want to pursue.  However, in lieu of a cooperative editor,

I take it all back! Please forgive me, Rohit, and come home soon!

The suggestions and requests made by Mark, Ted, and Koen need to be
replied to and a new draft produced (ASAP) but PEP is back on the
agenda.

Sorry for my mistake,

Larry