new digest-authentication internet draft submitted

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 14:01:51 PDT
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: moore@cs.utk.edu
John Franks has submitted a new internet draft for digest
authentication, with the changes he previously described.
Based on the (limited but consistent) responses I've recieved, I
believe it is the consensus of the working group that we wish the IESG
to consider this new draft for Proposed Standard, as long as it does
not delay the issuance of the HTTP/1.1 specification.

Larry