Re: Confusion about Age: accuracy vs. safety

From: <Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 11:27:40 +0200
To: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Cc: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>, fielding@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

koen@win.tue.nl said:
> It will be interesting to see if certain parts of the draft never get
> implemented by cache implementers.  If that is the case, I believe
> that the IETF process allows us to cut these parts when going from
> proposed to RFC.

Even stronger.
The IETF rules REQUIRE that EVERY feature of the spec has at least
2 interoperable implementations when the spec moves from Proposed
to Draft Standard, AND that this is documented to the IESG.
Deleting features IS allowed.

So when it's time, it's time either for some high speed coding or
for some high speed scissor work....

                  Harald T. Alvestrand