Re: HTTP working group status

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 16:17:30 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Larry Masinter:

>Here's my take on the current status. As usual, please let me know if
>I've missed anything, or mischaracterized the state:
[....]
>content negotiation:
>	draft-holtman-http-negotiation-02.txt
>	draft-mutz-http-attributes-01.txt
>    Koen and Andy are working to produce revised drafts of
>    content negotiation, feature negotiation, and user agent
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>    characteristics.

Actually, we are preparing to produce a separate feature tag
_registration procedure_ draft.  The protocol-related parts of feature
negotiation will remain in draft-holtman-http-negotiation.

[....]
>- wait for new negotiation, feature & characteristics drafts &
>  consider them. (This week?)

We hope to release an updated draft-holtman-http-negotiation this
week.  Feature registration and characteristics will take a bit
longer, and we will probably post discussion material to the list
before submitting drafts.

Koen.