Re: FYI, resolution of "Digest" issue

From: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 23:59:42 -0400
To: "John C. Mallery" <jcma@ai.mit.edu>
Cc: jg@zorch.w3.org, Paul Hoffman <paulh@imc.org>, Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no, moore@cs.utk.edu
> Do we presently have enough experience with 1.1 proxy implementations and how
> they interoperate with the installed base to know that changes won't be
> required in the proxy related aspects of the current draft?

No.  But this is why the standards process requires additional review
before a document can move from Proposed to Draft, or from Draft to Full
Standard.

Assuming the document stays on the standards track, there will be at
least two opportunities to make changes in light of experience before
it is fully approved.

Keith