Re: Confusion about Age: accuracy vs. safety

From: Daniel DuBois <dan@spyglass.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 16:41:04 -0700
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
At 11:56 AM 8/23/96 PDT, Larry Masinter wrote:
>We've heard from Roy, Jeff, and Koen. What say others? I'd especially
>like to hear from those folks who are currently implementing HTTP/1.1
>proxies.

Well, we're not working on a 1.1 proxy at the moment, but we will in a
matter of weeks.

I vote:
     - MUST add Age when serving from cache memory
     - SHOULD add Age when relaying a response from a 1.0 proxy
     - SHOULD NOT add Age when relaying a response directly from a 1.0 origin
       server
     - SHOULD NOT add Age when relaying a response from a 1.1 or
       higher source

-----
Daniel "Well, I haven't worked at Cambridge yet" DuBois
Traveling Coderman         -- NEW! http://www.spyglass.com/~ddubois/ --