Re: Digest Auth (fwd)

From: John C. Mallery <jcma@ai.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 18:56:09 -0400
To: "David W. Morris" <dwm@shell.portal.com>
Cc: http working group <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/authentication/authentication.html

There are live examples of Digest authentication to test your client.
These have been freely available for a year with reference implementation in a high-level language.

We haven't checked the lastest version of the digest draft to make sure
we handle all new additions, but we'll do so soon and drop in any
needed patches.  Any shortcomings are fixed in realtime when we have a minute
or two.

Our 1.1 testers have been very helpful and they seem to think we have
as well.

BTW, it would be desirable to select a better algorithm than MD5 like SHA
at the earliest convenience..