Re: (revised) HTTP working group status

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 21:06:25 PDT
To: hallam@ai.mit.edu
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, hallam@ai.mit.edu
Phill,

Your example about possible extensions to HTTP was for security.
I will point out (once again) that the SHTTP draft has now completed
"last call" in the IESG with (as far as I can tell) no discussion or
comment. If the work of the WTS working group is inadequate for web
security, the appropriate forum for that discussion is on the WTS
mailing list (or, at this point, to IESG) and not in HTTP-WG.

Larry