Re: Sticky stuff.

From: Ted Hardie <hardie@merlot.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 10:35:32 -0700 (PDT)
To: stephen f white <sfwhite@incontext.ca>
Cc: paulle@microsoft.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Stephen White writes:
> just as a datapoint, the cable modem installations in the toronto area
> (which are now actual production services, not beta tests) use two-way
> communication over the cable lines.  they're not assymetrical.

Several of the systems being tested in the U.S. use two-way
communication over cable lines, but are still bandwidth-assymetric.
As I understand it, they use several frequency bands (each band being
equivalent to what would deliver a standard cable channel) in the
downstream portion, but only a part of one in upstream portion.  The
system in Toronto may,of course, be designed very differently.

				Ted Hardie
				NASA Science Internet