"charset" issue is closed in HTTP-WG

Folks, we had it out. It's over here.

HTTP/1.1 is now closed in the HTTP working group, and, in particular,
the issue of charset labelling.  I believe that the HTTP working group
has reviewed the issues sufficiently, that the language now in the
specification meets common approval of the members of the working
group, and that further discussion _here_ is now pointless.

It was not inappropriate to bring it up in the meeting or for us to
discuss it on the list, but we're ready now to move on.

The appeal process in IETF is spelled out in RFC 1602, section 3.6, if
you disagree. Since the last call period is coming to a close, I
believe the only action that will have any affect would be for you to
raise the issue before the area directors or the IESG as a whole.