Re: new web analysis page available

From: <Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 19:01:50 +0200
To: touch@isi.edu
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
thanks for posting, but....

the analysis you posted seems to be based on the assumption that the
'Net has room for the transactions, and that RTT*bandwidth is the limiting
factor.

What I at UNINETT think is my problem that p-http will solve is the behaviour
of "n" simultaneous HTTP clients and a connection (the US link) that has
packet loss due to congestion, where I think the persistent HTTP sessions will
back off more gracefully than the per-transaction ones,
leading to fewer dropped packets and better overall throughput.

Is there any analytical result for this case?
(I couldn't see any followup messages inbetween the charset flaps...)

               Harald A