RE: [touch@isi.edu: draft may be of interest]

Just FYI: HTTP/1.1 persistent connections do not support muxing. They do
support pipelining.

This doesn't affect the validity of your argument if/when a future
version of HTTP supported muxing.

Or perhaps you meant that the browser could use Range retrievals to
interleave the data from many resources so as to give good response time
to small objects?

In any case, some app level scheduling is still probably needed -- you
wouldn't just blindly send all the embedded objects in a page in
parallel.