Re: [touch@isi.edu: draft may be of interest]

From: Jon Crowcroft <J.Crowcroft@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 19:29:42 +0100
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: http-wg <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

 >I've completed and submitted an internet draft on
 >TCP Control Block Interdependence, which has some
 >observations on how to augment TCP implementations
 >to provide performance similar to persistant-TCP
 >layerings, without the multiplexing hazards.

 >ftp://ftp.isi.edu/pub/hpcc-papers/touch/draft-touch-tcp-interdep-00.txt

 >I believe this may be of interest to the HTTP working
 >group, because it addresses issues similar to p-HTTP.

 >I would be very interested in any comments your group
 >would have.

 Joe/Larry,

as with T/TCP, this seems orthogonal to persistent HTTP......
(if only for deployment reasons), but a nice piece of work....
and academically, a more satisfactory approach.....but just hard to
see ms/sun/apple (after snapple, maybe 'sams' = sun, apple, microSoft)
putting it in for 6 years....

cheers

 jon