Re: Final Review of Digest Authentication

From: <hallam@etna.ai.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 96 21:53:29 -0400
To: www-security@ns2.rutgers.edu, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>
Cc: hallam@etna.ai.mit.edu
--------

Paul,

	I was responding to the specific objection made on the list today.
Granted there is the problem with the headers but that is understood.

	If there is serious concern about the strength of the warnings on
security than it would be quicker to address them before we send the draft to
the IESG. If the concerns are minor then I agree that its a bit late to make
such a change.

	Perhaps we could ask the Area director if he would like a stronger
warning to be put in. If its OK by him its OK by me.

		Phill