PUT and ETag (or Last-Modified-Date)...

From: <jg@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 96 15:15:42 -0400
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Hmmm....

PUT is currently silent about returning a cache validator in a
201 (Created) response as far as I can see.

Would be poor desing to have to do a subsequent GET after a successful
PUT just to get a validator; you'd like to have it in your hand
so you can do conditional gets while doing authoring apps.

While this isn't much of an issue today, it may become one.

Am I missing something?

While looking at this, I also noticed that some cross references
are needed, but won't bore you all with those....
				- Jim