Re: PERSIST: Made default

From: Daniel DuBois <dan@spyglass.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 14:30:45 -0500
To: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>, "frystyk@w3.org" <frystyk@w3.org>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
At 12:07 PM 5/24/96 MDT, Jeffrey Mogul wrote:
>    + designed to rectify these problems.  The fear was that some existing
>    + 1.0 clients may be sending Keep-Alive to a proxy server that doesn't

>Also, Dan DuBois informs me that this is not simply a "fear", but
>actually occurs in practice.  So the last sentence should start:

Just to be clear, we've verified that there are problems if a 1.0 client
sends a Keep-Alive to a proxy, but I am not aware of the existance of any
1.0 clients that do so, so the "some existing 1.0 clients" portion of the
above statement, is in fact, a fear rather than a reality (as far as I know).

-----
Daniel DuBois, Software Animal
                                     animal@spyglass.com
                                     http://www.spyglass.com/~ddubois/