Re: v11-03 COMMENT: 18.48 Warning

From: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 96 16:14:09 MDT
To: Dave Kristol <dmk@allegra.att.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
    The second bullet says:
      .  Warnings in the user's preferred character set take priority over
	 warnings in other character sets but with identical warn-codes and
	 warn-agents.

    How can the user agent tell which warning is in the user's preferred
    character set?  We haven't provided a way to specify character set.

Yes, we have.

Roy had to explain this point to me several times before I
understood it, but if you actually follow the reference mentioned
in 18.48:

    If a character set other than ISO-8599-1 is used, it must be encoded
    in the warn-text using the method described in RFC 1522 [14].

you would see examples like: