Re: HTTP 1.1 document terminology.

From: Shel Kaphan <sjk@amazon.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 07:57:44 -0700 (PDT)
To: Dave Kristol <dmk@allegra.att.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Dave Kristol writes:
 > Ouch!  My teeth hurt from grinding.
 >
 > Please, there's no word "genericity".  Try "generality".  With
 > apologies to non-native English speakers, if we're going to use English
 > for the spec., let's at least make it correct English.
 >
 > Dave Kristol

Until a few years ago, "generic" was only an adjective.
Now even my Webster's admits it is sometimes a noun used to identify
non-name-brand over-the-counter medications.
The OOP community has been using the (non-)word "genericity" for years.
Where do you think new words come from anyway?  Somebody has to make them up.