EDIT for sec 14.1

From: John Franks <john@math.nwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 10:14:51 -0500 (CDT)
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

      14.1 Purpose
      HTTP's greatest strength and its greatest weakness has been its
      simplicity.  Prior to persistent connections, a separate TCP connection
      was established to fetch each URL, increasing the load on HTTP servers,
      and causing congestion on the Internet.   The use of inline images and
      other associated data often requires a client to make multiple requests
      of the same server in a short amount of time.   An excellent analysis of
      these performance problems is available [2]; analysis and results from a
      prototype implementation are in [32, 33].

The last two references should be [33, 34].  I believe that
reference [2] is also incorrect but I am not certain what it
should be.  Reference [2] is the gopher protocol.

		john@math.nwu.edu