Re: Two-phase sends

From: <jg@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 96 21:36:00 -0400
To: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, masinter@parc.xerox.com
This one almost completely got dropped on the floor; there were some
mail exchanges that Jeff got to me at the last minute, but not final
wording that had undergone wide review.  Rather than leaving the
situation completely wrong (as was in the 01 draft), I made an attempt
to put something together out of the mail messages over last weekend,
but it was far from polished.

That section (entity transmission requirements) needs careful
redrafting before I consider that issue closed.  Note it is marked
Slushy.

Please CAREFULLY read what is now there.  It is closer to what needs
to be said, but not done. Ignore the first sentence of the section which is
completely bogus; I should have deleted it), and suggest better words.
I'll also rework it when I get a chance (section 8.4.1) myself if others
don't beat me to it.  And the issues list does say it needs WG review,
which it is now getting.
				- Jim