Re: About that Host: header....

From: Alex Hopmann <hopmann@holonet.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:10:51 -0800
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I would like to see one thing (as discussed at the LA IETF):

I think we should require (MUST) that servers accept full URL's with all
methods in HTTP 1.1. I think this will greatly help our transition strategy
in the future. I do not think that we should have clients sending full URLs
(Maybe unless they already know that a particular server is a HTTP 1.1
server in which case they could omit the Host field and just send the full URL?)

Alex Hopmann
ResNova Software, Inc.
hopmann@holonet.net