Re: About that Host: header....

From: BearHeart / Bill Weinman <bearheart@bearnet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 00:31:49 -0600
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
At 11:52 am 3/18/96 -0500, jg@w3.org spake:
>What say you all?

   #2 (Full URL) may give server admins a real incentive to
switch over quickly--the impulse to jealously guard bandwidth
can be powerful.

   I may have to run a 1.0 and 1.1 server simultaneously on separate
IP addresses for a while, but I don't think it would take long to
switch over with that kind of incentive.

   #4 (Host+Error) doesn't give any such incentive.

   I vote for #2 (if my vote counts) and I'll recover 6 IP addresses
that much sooner! ;^)