Re: hallam@w3.org: Netscape Bug or KeepAlive Feature ?

From: Ari Luotonen <luotonen@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 09:26:22 -0800 (PST)
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

> Is this simply me misreading the 1.1 spec or have we got an issue
> here? It would be "upsetting" to discover that forms handling programs
> were dependent on a bogus trailing CRLF to teminate a www-form-urlencoded
> data item.

Yes, existing form handlers were dependent on that trailing CRLF, and
that's why it was added to Netscape.  I'm wondering if it would break
anything if the content-length was just incremented by two.

Cheers,
--
Ari Luotonen				ari@netscape.com
Netscape Communications Corp.		http://home.netscape.com/people/ari/