Re: Digest Auth (I think we have a deal!)

From: <hallam@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 96 16:05:32 -0500
To: Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>
Cc: john@math.nwu.edu, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, hallam@w3.org

Nextnonce sounds fine by me.

I;m temporarily unable to think about these things very hard, I'm drugged
up to the eyeballs (well root canal) from this morning.

Could someone please consider the  following:-

1) Will the next-nonce proposal interact with existing servers in a failsafe
	manner. ie will a new client interacting with an old server simply
	do a failure round trip?

2) Is there an easy and backwards compatible mechanism whereby a server could
	authenticate itself to a client?

Phill