Re: remove PATCH, COPY, MOVE, DELETE, etc.? Upgrade?

From: Dave Long <dave@navisoft.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 14:45:32 -0800
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

>>semantically equivalent to a CREATE.  For now I'm using a "magic"
>
>Why isn't put of a non-existent object good enough?

It *is* good enough.

I was referring to a problem which arose in the context of
version-control, where one might wish a PUT request to fail
if there was an existing (possibly very recently created)
object.

That problem is probably outside the scope of this working-group;
perhaps I shouldn't have piggy-backed it upon my reply to a
different issue.

-Dave