Re: remove PATCH, COPY, MOVE, DELETE, etc.? Upgrade?

From: Dave Long <dave@navisoft.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 11:31:20 -0800
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Cc: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

>DELETE, TRACE and WRAPPED should stay.  The rest can be moved to other

If we have PUT it would be awfully nice to retain DELETE!

BTW, in the course of doing some work on versioning for the W3C
collaboration group, it seemed that there is a use for something
semantically equivalent to a CREATE.  For now I'm using a "magic"
Derived-From: version to try to indicate this situation.  Am I
missing a better way?