Re: Signatures and Authentication information must go at end of meesage.

From: Ian Duncan <id@cc.mcgill.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 14:03:58 -0500 (EST)
To: hallam@w3.org
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, hallam@w3.org
On Wed, 7 Feb 1996 hallam@w3.org wrote:

> This problem is in many ways similar to the previous discussions of ways to
> avoid the need for specifying a content length in the message header while not
> using lossage such as the mime "ohh the probability of collision is small"
> kludge.

I'm getting really*really*really tired of hearing this one. And in this
instance it's even more irritating since the best convention for
generating a MIME boundary, MD5 or other quality hash across enough
randomness to have value, is as likely to fail as any commonly available
security protocol. There's nearly a one<->one mapping for the math.

Probability is funny thing so long as you've the sense to see the humour.

/id