Re: Length - any takers?

From: BearHeart / Bill Weinman <bearheart@bearnet.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 1996 22:47:23 -0600
To: Dave Long <dave@navisoft.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
At 08:19 pm 2/4/96 -0800, Dave Long spake:
>>   If it is always an error to end a connection in the middle of
>>an object, then how does one "correctly" end a mulitpart server-push?

>H = headers		< = start of object	! = connection end
>X = object payload	> = end of object

  Actually, that's not entirely correct. There is a specific
MIME definition for ending multipart objects, and that is the
terminating separator, e.g.:

   "\r\n--Separator--\r\n"

   With double dashes on both ends.

   But that wasn't my question.

   I was wondering how to terminate it from the *client* side.
Multipart server-push objects that never end are becoming quite
common. If it's an error to just hang up on them, what is the
correct method?