Re: Length - any takers?

From: BearHeart / Bill Weinman <bearheart@bearnet.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 1996 01:25:53 -0600
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
At 08:44 pm 2/2/96 PST, Larry Masinter spake:
>(3) server push isn't 'infinite length object'.
>    'infinite length object' must be illegal.

   I think #3 needs some clarification--Server push is not "infinite
object length", but it *is* an unknown quantity of finite objects.

>> However, closing the connection will still retain an important role in
>> the signaling of HTTP.

errors yes, end-of-object no.

   If it is always an error to end a connection in the middle of
an object, then how does one "correctly" end a mulitpart server-push?