Re: Proposal on removing Content Negotiation from http 1.1

From: Albert Lunde <Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 19:28:31 -0600 (CST)
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
It seems to me that content negotiation has a potential role in
a lot of up and coming things, like internationalization, and
possible new media types, so I'd hate to see it dropped unless
we can show more clearly that it _can't_ be fixed. Since a
subgroup is presumablity trying to do that, lets see what they
propose.

The suggestion that a server ignoring content negotiation can
still conform to the protocol spec also seems fruitful.

--
    Albert Lunde                      Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu