Re: Charsets revisited

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@stonehand.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 96 16:47:53 -0500
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Cc: Nickolay Saukh <nms@nns.ru>, Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

    Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 15:41:43 -0500
    From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>

    I think the problem is that it is not in the scope of this working group to
    solve the generic question about URIs and charsets.

I agree with this.  However, it is true that (1) the URI wg no longer exists;
(2) HTTP is the primary consumer/producer of URIs; and (3) a serious problem
exists w.r.t. handling non-ASCII character data in URIs.  This problem needs
to be addressed very quickly, so what forum would be best to address it?

Regards,
Glenn Adams