Re: Charsets revisited

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 15:41:43 -0500
To: Nickolay Saukh <nms@nns.ru>
Cc: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Nickolay Saukh writes:
> > b) there is no body in a GET method, and no reason to add one;
>
> So, the question about charset for query in URI left open?

I think the problem is that it is not in the scope of this working group to
solve the generic question about URIs and charsets. I would prefer a clear
reference to the URI documents instead (even though they in turn may not be
clear). Larry is of course right in that form data in a body part doesn't
belong in a GET method.