Status report for Caching subgroup

From: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 96 15:40:01 PST
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
The caching subgroup has been debating various issues, and
although we have not really reached a consensus, we have
been making progress on certain issues and have gotten a
lot of the other ones out into the open.

We will be holding a meeting next week, after which we
should have much better idea of where we stand.

One of the big unresolved areas is how content negotiation
affects caching; we expect the content-negotiation subgroup
to have something for us to look at sometime next week (or
so I have been told).

-Jeff