Charsets revisited

From: Nickolay Saukh <nms@nns.ru>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 20:49:14 +0300
I have scanned HTTP-WG archive since July 1995 and did not found
answers to the following questions (if they already answered, then
where?):

1. Charset for query in URI (section 3.2.1)

National characters are allowed in query, but nothind said
about charset. Per section 5, full-request can be just
request-line, thus charset information must be in URI
itself (how?).

2. Accept-Charset (section 10.2)

Any rationale behind having no quality factor for charset?
Is the order in the list significant? Is there any explicit
charset?

"The US-ASCII character set can be assumed to be acceptable ...".
I think, this should written as "The ISO-8859-1 character set ...".
Otherwise agent with ISO-8859-5 only would not be able
to handle US-ASCII entity body (see last paragraph of
section 3.7.1).