Re: making progress on State-Info

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 00:10:40 +0100 (MET)
To: "Sankar Virdhagriswaran, Crystaliz Inc." <sankar@fcrao1.phast.umass.edu>
Cc: koen@win.tue.nl, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Sankar Virdhagriswaran, Crystaliz Inc.:

>Regarding Koen's proposal about a path name as a value for state-info (in
>order to accomodate Netscape cookies)

I think there is some confusion here.  The discussion was on whether
the state-info mechanism proposed by Dave Kristol should be extended
with a `path=' attribute as in Netscape cookies.  Someone suggested
that this might allow for more session state to be kept without
resorting to server side databases, if I remember correctly.  I
remarked that I failed to see how that `path=' would allow this.

>Sankar Virdhagriswaran                         Phone: (508) 287 4511
>Crystaliz Inc.                                 Fax:   (508) 287 4512

Koen.