Re: DRAFT Minutes, HTTP-WG

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 18:56:41 PST
To: dwm@shell.portal.com
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, Harald.T.Alvestrand@uninett.no, klensin@mail1.reston.mci.net
> Somehow I was under the impression that changes to the current 1.0 document
> were to be largely cosmetic to change the boiler plate to align with the
> informational status. What I see recorded here sounds like a major rewrite
> and that seems like an awful lot of effort for all of us. Find some
> verbage to describe it as commonly available interoperable current practice
> and perhaps allow some focused comment from current server/UA authors who
> feel they have a commonly used feature which has been missed. Then lets
> move on to 1.1 quickly!

I will try to fix the minutes so that it doesn't sound like this is
intended to be a lot of work.  I'm not expecting a major rewrite of
the 1.0 draft, just enough so that we don't get any more "where's
Accept: ?" queries.

I suggest we give Paul Hoffman and Roy a couple of weeks to post new
draft with these changes before starting to worry that 1.0 will be
bogged down.