Re: two-phase send concerns

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 13:20:20 PST
To: fielding@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU
Cc: dmk@allegra.att.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I thought I started to understand this issue in the working group
meeting, that the 'five seconds' was an arbitrary timeout, and that if
the timeout were 'zero seconds' that this would also continue to work:
senders should read if sending would block, and recievers should send
abort messages as soon as they can, and NOT CLOSE THE CONNECTION if
they care whether the sender actually gets the abort.

Did I get this right?