logic bag

From: Sankar Virdhagriswaran, Crystaliz Inc. <sankar@fcrao1.phast.umass.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 1995 10:14:51 +0000
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
For a contrarian view on logic bags:

I don't know what the motivation for the logic-bag is.

However, folks like us who are involved in implementing complex, cursored
data transfers within HTTP can use it. I don't think we should toss the idea
of logic bag out of the window. I am sure other people have seen this, but
the combination of KEEP-ALIVE header field, UNLESS header field, logic-bag,
LINK header field, and chunked transfer can be used to support very powerful
query and update facilities within HTTP.

I do agree however that it makes server implementers life harder.
Sankar Virdhagriswaran                         Phone: (508) 287 4511
Crystaliz Inc.                                 Fax:   (508) 287 4512