Re: keepalives and proxies: a request and a proposal

From: Ari Luotonen <luotonen@netscape.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 13:30:22 -0800 (PST)
To: Lorenzo Vicisano <vicisano@iet.unipi.it>
Cc: luotonen@netscape.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, luigi@iet.unipi.it

> It still does not work with the following (chained-Proxies) configuration:
>
>      (C) <--------> (P1) <--------> (P2) <--------> (S)
>       ^     co1      ^      co2      ^      co3      ^
>      NEW            OLD             NEW              ?

I think we can reasonably make it a requirement that proxies in the
upstream are same revision or newer, or at least it will be easier to
upgrade those few.  Typical case is a company's/country's main proxy
vs departmental proxies.  This'll keep the protocol cleaner.

Cheers,
--
Ari Luotonen				ari@netscape.com
Netscape Communications Corp.		http://home.netscape.com/people/ari/