Re: Language tags (Re: Statistics on reusing request)

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@stonehand.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 95 11:25:34 -0500
To: Ned Freed <NED@innosoft.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

    Date: Fri, 03 Nov 1995 09:36:58 -0800 (PST)
    From: Ned Freed <NED@innosoft.com>

    You've provided the list in the form of a URL that appears to be
    attached to your site.

I wasn't making an effort to be formally complete.  So you shouldn't assume
that I cannot provide a more stable reference.  See:

Ethnologue, Languages of the World, Twelfth Edition, Barbara F. Grimes,
Editor, 1992, SIL, Dallas TX. ISBN 0-88312-815-2.

Ethnologue Index, Twelfth Edition, Barbara F. Grimes, Editor, 1992, SIL,
Dallas TX. ISBN 0-88312-819-5.

I'd be happy to move this discussion over to the MAILEXT WG, though I'm
not entirely convinced that is the pertinent forum for it to occur.  At
least in the sense that the issue of language tags extends to all application
areas, not simply mail.

Regards,
Glenn Adams