Re: questions on http-draft oct14 1995

From: Albert Lunde <Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 18:44:34 -0600 (CST)
To: ramana@kovi.com
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
> Hello
> 	I am looking at HTTP 1.0 draft (oct 14 1995 )and trying to implement HTTP
> server. I got some questions
> 	Why certain headers fields are missing [...]

I think the changes you are referring to are the result of a recent
decision to write the first HTTP RFC as a "best current practice"
document rather than a standards-track RFC.

As a result of this is it planned that the next spec written will
be called HTTP 1.1 and be standards-track, but will closely
resemble what prior drafts called HTTP 1.0. (And what we were
previously planning to call HTTP 1.x may become HTTP 1.(x+1) etc.)

So the features you are looking for _are_ still part of the big picture.

See also:

http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/Protocols/Overview.html

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/