Re: CGI???

At 10:33 AM 11/3/95, Mike Meyer wrote:
>I've seen a number of requests for a more formal specification for CGI
>than  <URL:http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/>.
>
>This leads to the following questions:
>
>1) Is CGI appropriate for an RFC? If not, what standards group would
>        it belong to?

See <URL:http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1995q3/0378.html>
(in which Roy says no to your first question, and gives some explanation).

I've said the W3C should probably be the standards group in charge, if any.
If you want to talk about it, www-talk is probably the best place.
Obviously, it's been discussed before to no end, but maybe some of the
recent discussion in c.i.www.a.cgi could be elided to a concrete proposal
(something along the lines of BGI).  [I'd be willing to help if it gets to
that.]

M. Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>