Re: NCSA implementation of KeepAlive

From: Shel Kaphan <sjk@amazon.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 17:34:13 -0700
To: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
Cc: "Eric W. Sink" <eric@rafiki.spyglass.com>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Jeffrey Mogul writes:
 >    (c) The "stored-state" stuff ought to be carried in a new header
 >    named "Stored-state".
 >
 > -Jeff

As long as we're making iconoclastic suggestions today, I'd like to
suggest that unless someone can put forward some *quantitative*
results that indicate that there is enough of a savings involved in
this kind of connection state such that these savings would not be
easily swamped by, say, one small GIF file, that introduction of this
mechanism into the spec be delayed until there has been a chance to
experiment with it.

--Shel