(no subject)

From: <TylerBrook@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 13:05:55 -0400
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
It appears that by convention most servers return an HTML page containing a
directory listing if the requested URL specifies a directory.  I would like
to do this in my server but I am not sure what to do about the root.   For
the subdirectories, if the request URL resolves to a directory name, I return
a directory listing.  However, if the root is requested, I return the home
page.

Is there a convention for requesting a directory listing of the root?